Blackpool Sands This is one of the most picturesque, perfectly formed beaches in the country: a crescent two thirds of a mile long with coarse golden sand and aquamarine seas backed by the emerald green of steeply wooded cliffs.
Super for swimming and water sports.
Follow the signs to the small green door and you'll find a 100 year old garden modernly married with today's landscape and well worth a look:
- Lifeguard patrol and no dogs during summer season.
- Beach cleaned daily in main season
- The Venus Beach Cafe for organic and locally produced food
- The Venus Beach Shop for beach goods and games
- Refreshing showers
- Disabled facilities
- Sands pits (from May) and bathing raft (from July)
- Surf, ski, kayak, boogie boards, wet suit and snorkel hire
- Summer events.